Personal Coaching Agreement
This agreement is only applicable to clients that have purchased a program with KOA Fitness (fully owned by Rebel Core Fitness).
In consideration of participating in the Personal Coaching Program, you hereby accept that you have read, agree to the terms and conditions stated herein this agreement. You hereby declare that you understand and agree to assume the risks for participation, waiver of liability by the gym, and personal training policies and procedures.
As a client, you understand that the program is voluntary and that an appointed personal trainer will develop and guide you through your personal training program.
You understand that there is no guarantee in the success of the program which was developed only as a guide. You will be required to undergo a fitness evaluation (“Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire”) to assess your present level of fitness. You represent that you will give full and honest disclosure of your health and medical history accurately and completely including disclosure of any medications prescribed to you and any exercise or diet limitations you are aware of or have been informed by a medical officer. You will notify the trainer in the event that your medications, condition or medical limitations should change during the course of your program.
You understand that it is recommended that you have at least one health and physical examination a year and consultation with your physician as to physical activity and diet so that you are aware of what is appropriate for you. You acknowledge that you have either had a physical examination and have been given the permission by your physician to participate or you have decided to participate without approval of your physician.
You understand a trainer will review your Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire form but that a trainer is not a physician and his/her views cannot replace the advice and expertise of a physician.
You understand that you have complete right to stop or decrease exercise at any time during a session and that it is your obligation to inform the trainer of any symptoms such as fatigue, shortness of breath or chest discomfort.
You understand that the program includes without limitation to exercising, use of exercise equipment and strenuous exertion, all of which will increase heart rate and body temperature.
You understand that the program involves certain risks, including but not limited to, serious neck and spinal injuries resulting in complete or partial paralysis, heart attack, stroke or even death, as well as injuries to bones, joints or muscles. Slips, falls, and unintended loss of balance could result in muscular, neurological, orthopedic or other bodily injury. You understand that part of the risk involved in undertaking any activity or program is relative to your own state of fitness or health (physical, mental or emotional) and to the awareness, care and skill in which you conduct yourself in that activity or program.
Assumption of Risks
You are aware of the material risks and appreciate, know and reasonably anticipate that other injuries are a possibility by reason of your participation in the program. YOU HEREBY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND that you are expressly assuming all of the aforementioned risks of injury and all other possible risks of injury, including the risks of possible death, which could occur by reason of your participation.
Waiver of Liability
YOU HEREBY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND that you are waiving, releasing and irrevocably discharging the gym, KOA Fitness, from any and all responsibilities or liability for any present and future injuries or damages resulting or arising from my participation in the program or any activities including but not limited to exercise, personal training or use of the equipment including any injuries and damages caused by the negligent act or omission of any of those persons or entities mentioned above.
Personal Training Policies and Procedures
- Package sessions are non-refundable.
- Package sessions must be paid in full and are scheduled at the time of sign up.
- Package sessions must be used within the specified duration. Any unutilised sessions will be forfeited on the expiry of the package duration.
- The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire form. Physical Approval (if applicable) and this Personal Training Agreement must be completed, signed and on file prior to the commencement of the first session.
- The client must give 24 hours advanced notice if the scheduled session has to be cancelled or postponed. Any notice given less than 24 hours or a no-show will result in the scheduled session being deemed conducted and will be accordingly deducted from the package, unless the client is able to produce a valid medical certificate to certify that he/she is not medically fit or a genuine supporting document to show that he/she is unable to proceed with the scheduled session, whereupon a rescheduling is permitted.
- In any event, if during the course of the session, the client feels unwell, and/or experiences an unexpected condition and/or medical health problems rendering the client unfit for that session, the client may reschedule the remaining session to another day or combine the remaining session with the next session. In the event the client encounters an unexpected situation and is unable to proceed with the scheduled session, the client shall inform the gym or the trainer no later than 5 hours prior to the session for rescheduling.
- Scheduled session must be made at least 72 hours in advance and training sessions will begin promptly at the time specified by the client and the trainer and end 60 minutes from that specified time. KOA Fitness or the trainer reserves the right to cancel a scheduled session if the client is more than 15 minutes late. In the event the trainer decides to go ahead with the session, the trainer is not obligated to extend the session beyond the scheduled time for any delay caused by the client.
- Upon completion of each personal training session, a receipt will be given for the session and the client will be obliged to sign on KOA Fitness* copy of receipt as a proof of acknowledgement of completion of the session.
- Expiry dates to Personal Coaching Sessions must be adhered to as follows:
- 12 sessions package: within 12 weeks of sign-up
- 24 sessions package: within 24 weeks of sign-up
- 36 sessions package: within 36 weeks of sign-up
10. KOA Fitness shall compensate the client in the following manner on the following occurrence:-
- In the event the personal trainer is less than 10 minutes late from the scheduled session, the session shall proceed accordingly and the client has the right to request for additional time for that session or the next session.
- In the event the personal trainer is more than 10 minutes late for the scheduled session, the client has the right to change the personal trainer or to report the incident to KOA Fitness management team whereupon the client may reschedule the session.
- In the event the personal trainer cancels the scheduled session within 5 hours from the scheduled session, the client has the option to change the personal trainer or reschedule or to report the incident to KOA Fitness management team.
Neither party shall be deemed to be in breach or default of this Personal Training Agreement, due to failure to perform its obligations caused by event of force majeure, including but not limited to:
- Natural disasters, fires, earthquakes, floods landslides;
- Epidemic outbreaks of disease;
- War, civil war, insurrection, riot, looting, sabotage, bombings, chaos as a result of a terrorist acts;
- Acquisition of or confiscation by the government or the authorities thereof;
- The implementation of or the changes in the laws and legislation that prohibits either party to perform its obligations.
You declare that you are of full age and have full capacity to give your consent and that you have read, understood and agreed to the content of this Personal Training Agreement in its entirety. You understand that the Assumption of Risks, Waiver of Liability, and Personal Training Policies and Procedures are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law and agree that if any portion is held invalid, the remainder will continue in full force and effect.